About Me

My photo
Lake Mathews (Perris), CA, United States
Born in Illinois, I grew up in Wilmette, a northern suburb of Chicago. I have one sibling, an older brother. I am married, for the 2nd time now, to Butch & got 4 children in the deal. They have gone on to make me grandmother 25 times over & great-grandmother to over 20!. After many years working in industry, I got my bachelors and masters degrees in speech communication, & was a professor in that field for 13 years. I retired in 2001 & returned to school & got my doctorate in folklore. Now I meld my two interests - folklore & genealogy - & add my teaching background, resulting in my current profession: speaker/author/entertainer of genealogically-related topics. I play many folk instruments, but my preference is guitar, which I have been playing since 1963. I write the "Aunty Jeff" column for the Informer, newsletter of the Jefferson County NY Gen. Soc. I work in partnership with Gena Philibert-Ortega & Sara Cochran as Genealogy Journeys® where we focus on educating folks about Social History. More about that: genaandjean.blogspot.com. More on our podcasts: genjourneys.podbean.com. More about my own projects: Circlemending.org.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Countdown to Mesa Family History Expo - 1 Week


One week from today I will be enjoying the company of genealogists from all over at the Mesa Family History Expo. What an exciting event. I love going to Arizona because it means I get to see family, but besides that, at least for people in other parts of the country, the weather is amazing and the opportunity to get out of the snow, even for just a couple of days, is not to be missed.

So what am I looking forward to, besides the things I mentioned in previous posts? Well, there are many classes I would like to attend, but I know I will also be spending a bunch of time in the exhibit hall, hanging out with some of my blogging buddies (Booth 321). I will also be checking out what's new with RootsMagic (Booths 201, 203, 300, 302). Of course I want to get the latest from FamilySearch (Booths 101, 103, 105, 200, 202, 204) on all the changes going on over there and check in with Lisa Louise Cooke and all she's up to with Genealogy Gems (Booth 205).

There are also a number of vendors there to introduce us to different ways of displaying, sharing, and maintaining our family history information, experiences, and treasures. If you are looking for help in organizing your genealogical finds, you are likely to find a number of options to make your task less overwhelming.

I'll be hanging out with those bloggers and the Ask the Pros (Booth 317) much of the time (as well as doing the classes I mentioned a couple of weeks ago). If you are there, please come by to say "hi"! I would love to meet all my blog readers (eventually). And for all who are traveling in from faraway, safe travels! See you in Mesa.

1 comment:

  1. Jean, we are hoping to get down there for at least one of the days. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments related to this post or topic; others will be deleted. Contact blog author directly for other issues.