About Me

My photo
Lake Mathews (Perris), CA, United States
Born in Illinois, I grew up in Wilmette, a northern suburb of Chicago. I have one sibling, an older brother. I am married, for the 2nd time now, to Butch & got 4 children in the deal. They have gone on to make me grandmother 25 times over & great-grandmother to over 20!. After many years working in industry, I got my bachelors and masters degrees in speech communication, & was a professor in that field for 13 years. I retired in 2001 & returned to school & got my doctorate in folklore. Now I meld my two interests - folklore & genealogy - & add my teaching background, resulting in my current profession: speaker/author/entertainer of genealogically-related topics. I play many folk instruments, but my preference is guitar, which I have been playing since 1963. I write the "Aunty Jeff" column for the Informer, newsletter of the Jefferson County NY Gen. Soc. I work in partnership with Gena Philibert-Ortega & Sara Cochran as Genealogy Journeys® where we focus on educating folks about Social History. More about that: genaandjean.blogspot.com. More on our podcasts: genjourneys.podbean.com. More about my own projects: Circlemending.org.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Countdown to Salt Lake Expo, Generation Maps, booth 401-403


We have arrived. Spent some time in Salt Lake doing research & finding a ton of information for a friend . . . using FamilySearch (the library catalog), New FamilySearch, and RootsMagic, together with the microfilms of a small village in Germany, took me back into the 1600s for her line! I think I'm as excited as she is.

Speaking of excitement, there is a ton of it over at the Expo Center in Sandy, where we are now. The exhibit hall is taking shape with all sorts of genealogy-related materials! We just put up the basics of our booth (are bringing in the instruments tomorrow morning) and are pleased to be part of this event. Saw Generations Maps beginning their unloading process just as we were leaving.


They are in booth 401-403. Check out their cool ways of displaying your entire family.

Hope to see you at Expo . . . it all begins tomorrow morning at 7am (for registration).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments related to this post or topic; others will be deleted. Contact blog author directly for other issues.